Welcome to The Lamb's Wife blog!

"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready." -Rev 19:7 KJV ... "And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife." -Rev 21:9 KJV

01/07/17 ~ Firefox's "Reader View" ...

This is a *test* page to see if I can get Firefox's Reader View to read my blog pages. If I'm successful I'll Publish this page but you can just ignore it unless you too are struggling with this issue. I am writing this in Compose mode and am simply adding the tags suggested (see links below) in hopes it'll work!

UPDATE: OK, Compose mode did not work as I have to do the HTML tags manually from HTML mode, so I'm now in HTML mode and removing blog type tags and replacing them with HTML type tags.

From what I can tell from reading other websites on this issue ... the issue being that I can't see or use the Reader View book icon from my blog ... seems to be a simple fix whereby you add start & end HTML tags such as < article > < div > and < p > (remove spaces) in your content instead of a blog's default blog tags. So I begin the page with the *article* tag at the top of this post, the *div* tag under that, and then the *paragraph* start & /end tags for each paragraph. And then at the bottom of the page where I don't need reader to read I've got the end tags for */div* and */article*. In the Options settings at the left be sure you have "Show HTML literally" radio button selected. Reader View should see and read all content within the article, div, &/or paragraph tags but won't read stuff outside of them (or so the pages I've read say).

This is a great feature and I'm hooked! I especially love how it has a text-to-speech (text-to-voice) feature that with the click of a button will read the entire page to me! Thus the desire to have it working on my own blog so you can enjoy it too ;o}

According to the pages I've read, the reader heavily relies on the start & /end *paragraph* tags so that seems to be an important thing to be sure you've added to your page/s.

.:: LINKS OF INTEREST ::.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-reader-view-clutter-free-web-pages
http://weblog.zumguy.com/read.php?tid=56
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30661650/how-does-firefox-reader-view-operate-ff-version-38-0-5/30688312#30688312

Don't like Reader View? You can disable it ...
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30615447/how-to-disable-firefoxs-reader-view-from-my-website

Well, that's all for now, let's see if this worked!? It did not *work* in PREVIEW mode so I will have to Publish the page but will remove if I can't get it working.

UPDATE: Editing the HTML directly does show Reader View from the PREVIEW window! SUCCESS!!! Yay n stufff! My only disgruntle is having to write the page in HTML with tags rather than in the simple & fast Compose mode. Se la vie. I probably won't do this for every article (because I'm way too lazy LOL) but at least now I know how to get Reader View working for my blog! The final step will be to add screencap images of the actual HTML for this page, feel free to use it as a guide.

TIPS: Add your pictures or graphics to your blog article first, then go back and put in your article's text with tags, etc, around the pix or however you want to arrange it (I didn't screencap after adding pix, sorry). Also, MAKE A NOTEPAD (TEXT) COPY OF YOUR WORK IN HTML MODE BEFORE YOU SAVE & PREVIEW OR PUBLISH! When I went back to Compose mode it wiped out all my hard work, thankfully I was thinking ahead and copy/pasted it into Notepad before switching modes! 0.o You can *right click* each pix and open in a new window or tab to see larger versions. NOTE: The pix won't show in Reader View; just turn RV off by clicking the book icon in the address bar to see the original page w/pix.

Screencap 1 of 2 - HTML mode

Screencap 2 of 2 - HTML mode

Reader View book icon seen in PREVIEW, currently it is OFF (greyed)

Reader View is ON (orange), click the wave icon to the left to LISTEN

Does the *happy dance* and then *waves n poofs*!