Welcome to The Lamb's Wife blog!

"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready." -Rev 19:7 KJV ... "And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife." -Rev 21:9 KJV

04/20/18 ~ Dying in your sleep ...

Source: Google Images



And now for some stark reality, a reality check!

I had what I can only describe as an "experience". It wasn't a dream nor a vision ... it was an experience. I felt the pain.

I went to bed and before I went to sleep I was thinking how nice it must be to just drift off and die in your sleep. My thinking was that you probably just *wake up* in the spirit, then sit up, and then stand up out of your body. And then ...

The next thing I knew, not too long later while my body slept, I felt a pressure, extreme pressure that seemed to begin in my spirit and extend out to my physical body. I felt the pain of this pressure. It was a suffocating pain. I couldn't see anything but I knew a demon was squeezing me ... trying to squeeze the life out of me ... it was trying to kill me! I kid you not. This was NO dream nor vision, it was really happening.

My only form of defense was Jesus and Him alone. I rebuked this evil spirit in Jesus' name. I told it to get off of me, leave me alone, go away ... all in Jesus' name. I seemed to be rebuking it for some 15 minutes when it finally left me. I came to myself (I can't say I awoke because this was not a dream) and I was angry that it would try to kill me while I was asleep, at my least able to defend myself. I then went back to sleep. When I awoke again a couple hours later, I asked the Lord why He allowed that to happen ... He brought back to my memory of how I thought it was probably the best way to die. Then I understood.

Dying in your sleep for most people is NOT a peaceful experience, as a matter of fact, most that die in their sleep that don't know the Lord ... this is how & why their death occurs. It's anything BUT peaceful. I'm sorry if you have loved ones that died in their sleep but I can assure you though their body seemed at peace, their spirits were in the fight of their lives, and they lost. If you don't belong to Jesus, this is the worst way to die because it happens when you have the least defense and you have NO Protector. People that die this kind of death outside of the protection of Jesus are not only killed that way but they're dragged straight into hell.

I thank the Lord for clarifying this *way of death*, I now know it's NO blessing. Beware, especially if you aren't the Lord's. If you are the Lord's, rebuke it until it leaves you. It may be that even the unsaved can at that moment ask Jesus to come and help them and submit themselves to Him, even then it's possible that He will come and save them. But if Jesus isn't your defense, you have NO defense. There's POWER IN THE NAME OF JESUS! He IS our only defense.

The fight for eternal life will continue right up until you draw your last breath. Be sure Jesus is on your heart and lips until you see Him, face to Face. I don't post this to scare or depress anyone, but to warn. Go to sleep, perchance to dream, but remember Jesus ... don't forget to repent often and THANK HIM for your many blessings!

Now this childhood prayer has much more meaning to me, as an adult!

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I should die before I 'wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
-Author Unknown

Amen.